Surely you remember what one of the most shocking injuries in football that has been seen: that of the “phenomenon” Ronaldo Nazário, who in 2000 suffered a ruptured tendon in his right knee was. This type of trauma is part of tendon injuries. However, they are not the only type of injury that exists. There are also the muscular and traumatic ones among the most common.
Next, we show you the various types and examples of each.
These refer to the breaking of the fibers, and the severity of the injury is measured according to the degree of fibers that have been broken. In turn, there are several types of muscle injuries, some more serious than others. Some of them are:
- Cramps: They are very painful spontaneous contractions.
- Muscle contractures: They are continuous pain due to overexertion of your muscles.
- Muscle strains. They are traumatisms due to the exaggerated stretching of the muscle.
- Muscle pull. It is the breakdown of muscle microfibers.
- Muscle tear. It is the breakdown of muscle fibers and is considered the most serious and painful injury.
These are suffered at the tendon and ligament level. On certain occasions, they are more serious than muscle injuries, since they are trauma directly to your soft tissues, which connect, support, or surround other of your tissues. Some of the most significant injuries in this area are:
- Achilles tendonitis, which is basically the tendon’s inflammation that connects the back of your leg to your heel.
- Adductor tendonitis, which is the muscle’s inflammation and mainly occurs in your thighs and in your lower abdomen.
- Dislocations, which are bones that have come out of their natural position for one reason or another.
When someone talks about a traumatic injury, they are referring to one of the most serious injuries that can be, since it is sprained, bone fractures, contractures, torn meniscus, and complete tears of ligaments. This type of trauma, in addition to being very painful, requires a long time to recover.
Although it may seem like a no-brainer, there are times when you could overlook taking certain precautions.
You should always do stretching exercises before the game and also at the end of it. Also, you need to warm up so the joints have the necessary flexibility to perform a certain exercise and so that all parts of your body are active and responding as they should.
However, performing well on the court also requires you to make certain commitments off the court. For example, you must stay in good physical condition, have a balanced diet, and constantly hydrate, among other activities.
Another commonly overlooked precaution is checking the court and the ball; both are vital for the match to run as you expect. However, you and your team have to inspect the correct state of these very well, before starting the game.
Finally, in addition to avoiding the use of jewelry at the time of the game, you have to check if the clothing you wear is appropriate, since having suitable uniforms is ideal for you to be comfortable. Thus, you will also avoid football injuries. You must choose good equipment for archers or players, depending on your case.
Remember that the most important thing to avoid injuries in football is to bet on fair play and promote it in your team. This, added to the tips given above, will help you effectively prevent any type of injury.